Imperial General Assurance’s Marine Insurance policy is a transit risk policy which provides wide coverage for loss caused to cargo while in transit between any two points either by sea, air, rail or road and covers any accidental loss to cargo by perils insured against. The Marine Policy covers are:
- All Risks.
- Basic Policy.
- Restricted Cover.
Why buy Imperial Marine Insurance?
Some of the benefits of buying the our Marine Insurance include:
- Complete coverage to get your goods from warehouse to warehouse
- General average losses and contributions in accordance with international laws
- Risks of war, strikes, riots and civil commotions
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred while mitigating a loss under the policy
How to claim in 4 easy steps
- Report loss and attach the required documents through www.imperialgeneral.com
- Resolution Insurance acknowledges receipt and proceeds to appoint an adjuster to access the loss
- A survey report is submitted to Imperial General Assurance by the adjuster and a settlement offer is given to the insured
- If claim is admissible, payment is made within seven days of receipt of Executed Discharge Voucher
The following documents are essential to pursue all claims, other requirements may be requested depending on the nature of claim:
- Bill of Lading or sea/air waybill
- Original Certificate of Insurance
- Cargo sales invoice
- Detailed description of the loss
Notes: Notification of the loss must be made to Imperial General Insurance immediately.