We offer the following 3 types of Motor Insurance cover:
- Third Party: Covers third party bodily injury and property damage arising out of a vehicle accident. This covers unlimited liability for Third party personal injuries or death. For any vehicle, this is the minimum cover required by the Motor Insurance Act. No cover is provided for any form of damage to the policyholder’s vehicle.
- Third party Fire & Theft: Cover extends to cover theft, fire, third party bodily injury and property damage. This cover is not very common. It has features of comprehensive cover but excludes damage arising from an accident. This is advisable for vehicles not exposed on the roads.
- Comprehensive: Covers third party liability and property damage to the vehicle i.e. damage arising out of fire, theft and accidental damage to the vehicle. It is the widest cover available.
We shall cover you against the following:
- Accidental loss or damage to own vehicle arising out of Impact damage or collision, overturning, Fire damage and/or Theft of whole or part of vehicle
- Third Party Liabilities – legal liabilities arising out of ownership or use including Damage to property belonging to other people-vehicle, buildings, Death or injury to pedestrians or public and/or Death/ injury to passengers – passengers’ legal liability
- Emergency Medical Expenses to driver or passengers or pedestrians following an accident
- Damage to vehicle in custody of motor trader or other service providers
Risks not covered in our Motor Insurance cover are:
- Own death or injury
- Damage to tyres unless the motor vehicle is also damaged
- Consequential Loss/ Depreciation/ Wear and Tear
- Loss outside the geographical area
- Loss due to cheating
- Influence of alcohol
- Use of motor vehicle for unlawful purpose
- Damage caused by overloading/strain.
Requirements for cover are:
- Duly Completed Proposal Form
- Copy of ID
- Copy of PIN Certificate
- Copy of Log Book
- Premium Payment